For some, travelling evokes thoughts of excitement and new adventures, but for the seasoned business traveller it can quickly become a bit of a chore. To take some of the stress and tedium out of a business trip we’ve put together a list of our top tips for business travellers.
- Don’t check-in your bag! This will save time and you don’t run the risk of the airline losing your luggage.
- Make use of the laundry facilities in your serviced apartment. To travel lightly, build your working wardrobe around either one pair of shoes for women or one suit jacket for men.
- Go for a run. Going for a run means you not only recharge your body and mind you also get a whistle stop tour of the city you’re visiting.
- Make a plan for the flight. If you want to use the time to work – set yourself goals and decide what you want to achieve before you reach your destination. If you’d rather use the time to disconnect from the world, use noise cancelling headphones and allow your mind to wander.
- Choose the right security line. Look out for the queue with the most efficient staff working, where there are no young families and no slightly odd looking luggage!
- Stay hydrated. Okay, so who doesn’t enjoy a glass of wine or two to help to take the edge of flying? But, as we all know alcohol dehydrates us. It’s recommended that you drink eight ounces of water for every hour you’re in the air.
- Keep small versions of your essentials always packed to help ease the panic of packing for a last minute business meeting.
- Eating at airports. Look out for where the flight attendants and pilots are eating – this is usually a good indicator of where’s best.
- Stay in a serviced apartment! Serviced apartments provide more space, flexibility and privacy than a hotel room making your stay more comfortable.
(Apartment featured: Flemings Apartments, Mayfair, London)