Derby had a key role to play in the Industrial Revolution with its rapid advancements in engineering, meaning it was able to assert itself as a dominant component in the UK economy. After the invention of railways in the 19th Century, Derby – being one of the most central UK cities – became a centre for the British rail industry and further advanced its economic position. Today, Derby is home to Rolls-Royce, the world’s second largest aero-engine manufacturer, so retains its status as a centre for advanced transport production. As an important business destination, finding a Derby serviced apartment to suit your requirements is the first step in ensuring a successful business trip to the area.
Combining an extensive portfolio, impressive industry knowledge built over 20 years of business and an award-winning team of in-house staff, the service provided by SilverDoor Apartments is second to none. With a portfolio covering over 50% of the globe featuring apartments in more than 1000 cities worldwide, wherever you are next travelling to for business, we can source you the best quality apartment at the most competitive rate.
We pride ourselves on service and believe that guest experience is just as important as the apartment we source. Our 4.9/5 Trustpilot score is unparalleled in the serviced accommodation sector and goes some way to showcase just how happy our clients are with the service we provide, but other elements of our service include:
· 24-hour coverage. We have five offices worldwide open across all time zones meaning no matter what time of day or night, you can always speak to someone in our team on the phone.
· Quality assurance. We try to personally visit as many of the apartments in our portfolio as possible to ensure they meet our strict set of quality guidelines. We would never source an apartment for a guest that we wouldn’t want to stay in ourselves.
· Industry connections. Having been in business for over 20 years, we have built strong industry relationships with property providers in the sector meaning we can work with our partners to ensure your booking and stay goes off without a hitch. However unique your requirements are, whether that be you have two dogs to relocate with you or a family of five to visit at weekends, we will do our best to accommodate them.
· Bilingual team. We have a team of SilverDoorians who speak a second (or even third) language, so whether you speak anything from French, German, to Russian, you can speak to a member of our team without issue.
For years, business travellers suffered from a dearth of suitable accommodation options for when they needed to travel for corporate commitments. Hotel accommodation in Derby was far too cramped and inflexible so serviced accommodation was built to be tailored towards to specific needs of the travelling professional. Effortlessly combining the luxuries of hotel stays, with the privacy and flexibility of a private rental, serviced accommodation features a range of benefits; including:
· Space. With an entire apartment to yourself, your Derby serviced apartment can easily become your base from which to live and work effectively in the city. Relax, sleep, cook, work, exercise and host all from the comfort of your own space with separate living, sleeping and dining areas all regularly cleaned keeping things neat and tidy.
· On-site amenities. Your normal routine should not have to be compromised when you are away on business, and with the luxury additional benefits of serviced accommodation buildings, it doesn’t have to be. If your trip would be improved by an on-site gym to keep up your fitness regime, or a dry cleaning service to ensure you look sharp for important meetings, ask our booking teams and they will select an option that suits you.
Derby is located in the East Midlands, UK. The nearest airport to Debry is East Midlands Airport which is only 9 miles from Derby city centre. Derby is located 40 miles from Birmingham and direct trains run from Birmingham New Street Station to Derby regularly, taking less than an hour.
The Peak District became the UK’s first ever national park in 1951 and since then has remained one of the most visited in the country, Derbyshire’s central UK location means millions of people are within one hour of the park, meaning it’s a firm favourite for locals and visitors alike.
If you’re interested in sociology, Derby is home to the philosopher who created the study. Herbert Spencer is best known for the term ‘survival of the fittest’ which, although is sometimes credited as Darwin’s phrase, Spencer coined during his biological studies.
Derby is twinned with Osnabrück in Germany as part of the twin town initiative to promote peace and partnership between cultures. Every year, an envoy from each town spends a year in the twin town to offer information about their town to enrich knowledge and understanding.