At SilverDoor we specialise in providing the finest quality serviced apartments in Southampton, the U.K. and around the world. Our expert SilverDoor team has an abundance of experience in arranging top quality corporate accommodation for business travellers. Whether it’s a fully furnished apartment in the city centre, or business accommodation in the bustling, modern Ocean Village, SilverDoor can cater perfectly for every need. Look no further for your business stay in Southampton.
Booking your corporate accommodation with SilverDoor Apartments can provide a whole host of benefits:
· Personalised Service – At SilverDoor we understand that each corporate client has different needs and expectations for a business trip. We strive to ensure that every client is completely satisfied with the standard of corporate accommodation and the level of service received.
In-Depth Knowledge - Our booking agents have an extensive knowledge of corporate serviced apartments in Southampton. At SilverDoor, we have a thorough understanding of what each of our apartments has to offer and can ensure that we locate your perfect property.
· Expanding Portfolio – We are always adding to our portfolio of serviced apartments in Southampton, with the aim of being able to offer the best standard of accommodation in the city.
Having booked your serviced apartment in Southampton, it’s time to plan your trip. We have put together some essential information to help your prepare for your stay.
Southampton is served by an international airport, with flights arriving from destinations across Europe. The city is well connected by rail with Southampton Central reachable from London Waterloo in 1 hour 15 minutes.
Due to its low-lying and sheltered location from the south coast, Southampton is one of the warmer cities in the U.K. That being said, as with the rest if the UK, rain is always a distinct possibility worth bearing in mind.
Southampton has an abundance of restaurants offering a wide range of local and international cuisine. Check out The Jetty, a multi award winning restaurant in Ocean Village serving up local food with spectacular sea views.
Southampton first became established as a critical port in 1066, after the Normans invaded the country. It served as the main connection for the Normans to their homelands in Normandy and France. The Bargate, the impressive main entrance to the medieval town, was constructed in 1180 AD and recently restored after 278 years.
SilverDoor serviced apartments in Southampton are perfectly suited to business travellers seeking comfort and flexibility. Our fully furnished apartments are modern, spacious and can cater for your every need. At SilverDoor Apartments we understand the demands of an important business trip and the busy schedules involved. Below are some of the benefits of staying in business accommodation.
· Privacy – Unlike hotels, serviced apartments offer a private space with a flexible room services. With fewer intrusions, guests feel more at home in their short term serviced apartment.
· Flexibility – Southampton serviced apartments allow for a unique flexibility that is not an option in hotel accommodation. Guests can opt to cook at home and/or conduct meetings in the living space.
· Cost – Corporate accommodation is often more financially viable than a stay in a typical hotel. Each apartment has a fully fitted kitchen, which costs the substantial cost of having to eat out. Likewise, serviced apartments often have fewer add-on costs, whilst VAT is further reduced for longer stays.
· Space – The average one bedroom serviced apartment is approximately twice the size of its hotel equivalent. Corporate accommodation has separate areas for cooking, sleeping and relaxing.
Southampton is noted for the being the departure point of the RMS Titanic, which in 1912 embarked on its fateful maiden voyage. The 52,000 tonne ship struck an iceberg on route to New York, with the Titanic sinking and ultimately five hundred people perishing in the cold Atlantic Ocean. The city was once regarded as Britain’s ‘Gateway to the World’ with its port playing a key role in linking the U.K. with America. The rapid growth of air travel diminished much of Southampton’s maritime industry, although the port has since re-established itself as a gateway for cruise ships across Europe. P&O Cruises and Cunard are both headquartered in the city, with over 500 cruise liners visiting annually. The city is not only rich in maritime history. Southampton is considered the birthplace of the Spitfire aircraft, designed and built by local resident RJ Mitchell across the River Itchen in Woolston. The local population kept production of this vital warplane going throughout World War II.
Whatever your needs are for your next business trip to Southampton, our specialist team will provide you with the ideal serviced apartment. Get in touch today to find out how much easier corporate accommodation can become.