New York is said to be the most popular city in the US. Whether you’re visiting for business, entertainment, fashion, education or media, New York has something for everyone. Get the lowdown before you visit with our infographic, and don't forget to check out our range of New York corporate furnished apartments for your stay.
Transcript with links:
The bus and subway systems are the quickest and easiest forms of transportation around the city. Both use the same ticket system, which is the Metro Card ($29.00 for 7 days). There's always the option of walking around the streets of New York, but the comfort and convenience of a taxi cab makes it easier to navigate the city.
Airports & Lounges
There are five airports in New York:
John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) is located in Queens and is the busiest international airport in the US.
LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is located in Queens.
Newark Airport (EWR) is located between Newark and New Jersey.
Westchester Airport is located in Westchester County.
Long Island MacArthur Airport located on Long Island, has grown in popularity, as some passengers are keen to avoid the business of the three major airports.
Airport lounges (JFK only)
Kal Business Class Lounge: located in Terminal 1, all passengers must hold a boarding pass for this lounge that's situated across gate 3. Opening hours: 14:00 - 18:30 daily.
Wing Tips Lounge: located in Terminal 4, all passengers must hold the specific boarding pass for this lounge. Open 24 hours a day.
United Club: located in Terminal 7, above Gates 7 and 8. Opening Hours: 05:00 - 20:30 daily.
Each airport offers many forms of transfer services and here are just a few:
- Shuttle buses - departing every half an hour from 18:00 to 20:00
- Private car service - companies such as Groundlink offer a chauffeur service by reserving a car in advance.
- Car rental - available in advance or onsite.
- Shuttle buses - prising and departure times vary.
- Taxis - an attendant will determine the next available taxi for you.
- Private car service - Groundlink also offers a service from LaGuardia Airport.
- Taxis - fares to New York City are often very steep.
- Private car service - Groundlink also offers private car hire from Newark Airport.
- Car rental - available in advance or on-site
Westchester Limited public transport available
- Private car service - Groundlink offer a convenient form of transportation.
- Buses - a fixed timetable with very few pick up and drop off locations.
Long Island Airport
- Buses - multiple bus services to local destinations.
- The Long Island Railroad - hourly service to New York City.
- Taxi - available outside of baggage claim.
USD = United States Dollar ($)
New York has a humid subtropical climate, meaning that they have hot, sticky summers and mild winters (Although sub-zero temperatures are quite frequent). Temperatures range between -3°C and 29°C throughout the year, with January and February being the coldest months. Hurricanes and tropical storms aren't unheard of, but are very rare. If you’re travelling to New York, you may want to keep up-to-date with their latest weather conditions.
Points of interest
Ellis Island: Ellis Island Immigration Museum offers the opportunity to learn about the 12 million immigrants that entered the United States through this island back in 1892.
Statue of Liberty: A worldwide symbol for freedom and democracy, which was given to the United States by the French in 1886.
Empire State Building: This iconic office building towers more than 400 metres high. There are must see floors that include the 82nd and the 102nd - these both offer scenic views in a central area of the city.