Having already touched upon the stunning Duomo Cathedral and Galleria dell’Accademia as two of the most impressive attractions in the city, we proceed to identify some of the other key sights in Florence. The Uffizi Gallery displays some of the finest Renaissance masterpieces and cannot be missed. The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore is a stunning medieval cathedral with a distinct red dome. Ponte Vecchio, a medieval stone bridge with boutique jewellers, Palazzo Vecchio a fortified 13th century palace, and the Basilica of Santa Croce are well worth visiting, as is a stroll through the Boboli Gardens.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT FLORENCE
- - Florence served as the capital of the Kingdom of Italy from 1865 until 1970, before it was succeeded by Rome.
- - The famous explorer Amerigo Vespucci, of whom America is named, was born in Florence in 1454.
- - Duomo Cathedral is the world’s third largest, behind only St Peter’s Basilica in Rome and St Paul’s Cathedral in London.
- - The Ponte Vecchio was the only bridge in Florence to survive the Second World War. Rumour has it that Hitler spared it for its beauty.
- - Florence is the birthplace of gelato and the piano! It was also the first city in the world to have paved streets.
- - The most famous nurse in the world, Florence Nightingale, was named after and born in the Tuscan city.
WHAT IS A SERVICED APARTMENT?
Our serviced apartments are modern, spacious and established around the needs of business travellers. Our fully furnished corporate accommodation offers a place for comfort and relaxation and is situated in central Florence. Our apartments provide a unique flexibility that is rarely an option when staying in a hotel. Primarily, our guests can decide how regular they would like their housekeeping service. This flexibility can help guests feel right at home in Florence, thanks to having fewer intrusions. Secondly, our Florence serviced apartments are equipped with cooking facilities which gives our clients the option of dining in one of the many great Florence restaurants and cooking at home. This flexibility for home cooking can often make serviced apartments more affordable than hotels. Finally, the average one bedroom serviced apartment in Florence is roughly twice the size of a standard hotel room. This extra space not only gives our clients more room to kick back and relax in the evening, but also allows the option of entertaining guests and conducting business meetings.
WHY CHOOSE A SERVICED APARTMENT IN FLORENCE WITH SILVERDOOR?
Booking a SilverDoor serviced apartment in Florence can be highly advantageous for business travellers. With over 20 years in the corporate accommodation industry, at SilverDoor we are best placed to organise your stay in Tuscany. We understand that every corporate client has differing needs, which is why our expert booking agents do their utmost to match the perfect apartment for each enquiry. With strong industry skill, our booking agents strive to ensure that every client is entirely satisfied with the level of customer service throughout the booking process and the quality of their accommodation. Having a vast knowledge of our corporate apartment providers in Florence, we aim to offer the very best in the city. We are regularly look to expand our portfolio of top quality accommodation in the city, underlining our dedication and commitment to offering the best serviced apartments in Florence.