A popular destination for business meetings and conferences, Manchester is an ever-growing Northern powerhouse presenting many opportunities for corporate outreach. When staying in Manchester, serviced apartments offer an ideal space in which you can work, relax or socialise, depending on the demands of your business trip.
SilverDoor Apartments has a broad spread of excellent quality serviced apartments in Manchester city centre and beyond. Offering a host of facilities designed to make your corporate stay as enjoyable, stress-free and successful as possible, our Manchester aparthotels and service are tailored to meet your requirements.
Why choose SilverDoor Manchester apartments?
With years of experience sourcing and booking only the best serviced apartments for our corporate clients, we at SilverDoor specialise in providing a first-class customer service experience to all of our users. Our team are passionate about quality and customer satisfaction and as such will be with you every step of the way, via telephone or electronically – depending on your preference – to ensure you are nothing short of completely happy with your booking experience.
SilverDoor has accrued hundreds of outstanding customer reviews and testimonies and we are eager to add you to our growing base of clients. We value strong, lasting relationships, and we maintain these through our three key values:
· Commitment to quality: we only admit apartments into our portfolio which reflect our standards of excellence, meaning you are always guaranteed high-quality venues when booking with us. Furthermore, we personally stay at many of our Manchester apartments to maximise our knowledge of the properties we book for our clients.
· Unparalleled service: the service we offer is uniquely personal. Wherever possible we allocate an individual expert to handle your bookings and client relationship, meaning you can trust to receive an excellent, personalised service every time.
· Expert assistance: SilverDoor has the industry knowledge and contacts, which means we can pass on the very best recommendations to you – wherever you stay. We have offices in Europe, Asia and America with on-the-ground expertise – so you will never be short of information about a location you need to visit.
Looking for Manchester corporate housing for an upcoming business trip? Browse our extensive collection of available Manchester serviced apartments in the city or simply call one of our friendly and helpful representatives today for personalised advice and outstanding service.
What is a serviced apartment?
Serviced apartments in Manchester offer business travellers a perfectly designed base which caters to your needs while working away from the office. Blending the services you’d expect from a high-end hotel with the luxury and freedom found in a private rented apartment, SilverDoor serviced apartments appeal to professionals who appreciate a comfortable space to prepare and recuperate between important business meetings and presentations.
For a short-stay business trip or a long stay business residence, our serviced apartments in Manchester offer a range of benefits other accommodation simply cannot match:
· Incredible value: for the features of a serviced apartment, compared with hotel equivalents, the savings made are clear. In addition to being excellent value for money, our apartments decrease in nightly cost once a booking surpasses a duration threshold, meaning longer stays are even more cost-effective.
· Peace and privacy: a Manchester serviced apartment is removed from the public, unlike a hotel room which is often located in a busy hallway with fixed service hours. With a SilverDoor apartment, you have a private, spacious living space in which you can relax on your own terms. You can also arrange service hours so as to not disturb your schedule.
· Space and flexibility: besides having multiple rooms for separate functions, a serviced apartment offers you a more flexible lifestyle. You can shift gears between nights out with colleagues and clients and nights in with a self-prepared meal. You will also have the space needed to work in peace without being interrupted.
What do I need to know about staying in Manchester?
You’ve booked your serviced apartment in Manchester for your important business stay – but our service doesn't stop there. Below are some important facts and tips to ensure you are prepared for your trip.
Transport for Manchester
Being the third most populous and third most visited city in the UK, it is no surprise that Manchester is equipped with an extensive transport network. The city can be reached by air, road or railway, with a number of large stations, such as Piccadilly and Oxford Road, providing direct rail access to cities across the UK. Within the city, there is a variety of inexpensive transport options available, including a free bus around the city centre, tram and public bus service. You can also purchase a System One Travelcard to easily move between bus and tram across the city. Needless to say, the roads of Manchester are serviced by hundreds of taxis if you are in need of a last-minute ride to an urgent meeting.
Weather in Manchester
Manchester, like many cities in Northern England, is known for its high rainfall and generally cooler temperatures. It is always worth packing a warm and waterproof coat when visiting, as even during the summer months Manchester isn’t renowned for especially warm heat. When the sun does strike, however, there are plenty of canal-side venues where you can enjoy the heat and sunshine.
With a restaurant list as diverse and populous as its inhabitants, Manchester has a lot to offer in the way of fantastic and varied cuisine. Wilmslow Road – also known as ‘Curry Mile’ – is thought to be home to the largest concentration of South Asian restaurants outside the Indian subcontinent. From vegan diners to celebrity chef restaurants – such as The French (with head chef Adam Reid), Manchester has plenty of top-rate eateries to suit your taste, within walking distance of many serviced apartments in Manchester.
History of Manchester
Its name is derived from the Roman fort which stood in its place – Mamucium – but Manchester has a rich and varied history which spans thousands of years. Manchester’s growth truly exploded during the Industrial Revolution when it became a key distribution centre for cotton and yarn. Many of the mills and warehouses from the era can still be seen today, as can impressive structures such as the Royal Exchange on Cross Street.
What else is Manchester known for?
Today Manchester is a going concern, both for the North of England the UK as a whole. It has an economy larger than that of Wales or Northern Ireland and is seeing growth in business and finance services, creative and digital and healthcare innovation.
Like its Liverpudlian counterpart, Manchester is famed for its musical past. Being at the forefront of the ‘Indie’ movement with bands like The Smiths having a distinctly Mancunian tone and then dominating the Brit Pop wave with the unstoppable Oasis, Manchester has a rich musical heritage and is home to many tourist-attracting locations, such as the infamous Salford Lads’ Club.
Museums for all
With its prevalence in modern culture, it is only right that Manchester houses many distinct museums and galleries reflecting contemporary society. The People’s History Museum is one such attraction, drawing in an audience interested in the development of modern society. Contrastingly, the National Football Museum attracts millions of sports enthusiasts from across the UK. Other unusual venues include the Greater Manchester Police Museum and the Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art.
Backbone of Britain
Due to its importance in British trade, Manchester is crisscrossed by canals once used to transport precious cargo for trade and industry. In fact, one of the earliest canals in Britain – the Bridgewater Canal – ran into the city. Today the canals serve as historical reminders, but can also be explored for leisure – with plenty of footpaths providing opportunities for a stroll. Today Manchester is a corporate hub and powerhouse city of the North, meaning there is no shortage of serviced apartments in Manchester to service visiting corporate travellers.
Discover more to see and do in our Manchester city guide.